Huntingdon men's lacrosse falls to Ferrum | Schools
The Huntingdon men’s lacrosse team gave up six goals in the first period and couldn’t battle back against Ferrum College on Saturday.
The Panthers built a six-goal lead in the first half and won 14-6 at Samford Stadium.
“We had another slow start and we can’t afford to do that against any team, much less a team like Ferrum,” Huntingdon head coach Andrew Carey said. “We showed a big improvement against them from last season, but we have to do better earlier in the game. We have to go back to work and get this worked out. We have to be able to come out and play better in the first half.”
The Hawks (2-3) fell behind 3-1 in the first 10 minutes of the game but rallied to make it 4-3 on a pair of Anthony Rovetto goals. Ferrum responded with six straight goals in the final 18 minutes of the first half.
Rovetto and Brandon Sewell each scored three goals for Huntingdon. Sewell also had two assists, 13 ground balls and won 12 faceoffs. Davis Dalton had one assist.
Huntingdon hosts Augustana on March 2 at noon.
Source: Huntingdon College Sports Information Director
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- ASU Alumnus Receives Fulbright Scholarship to Study, Do Research Abroad
- Four men arrested in connection with three Montgomery home robberies
- Air show presence may help bring jobs to state
- Maggie Street Missionary Baptist Church to hold annual church revival service
- Montgomery to host 2013 Southeastern Regional Series Capital of Dreams Criterium and Bicycle Race
- Tuskegee election lawsuit dismissed
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox