Huntingdon Men's tennis improves 3-0 | Schools
The Huntingdon men’s tennis team swept doubles and won four singles matches to knock off Centenary 7-2 on Friday. The Hawks’ match with Rust College was postponed due to the weather.
Freshman Bobby Foroughian picked up a three-set win at No. 1 singles and senior Larry Pritchett (No. 4), freshman Trey Pirtle (No. 5) and sophomore Tyler Chaffee (No. 6) won their singles matches in straight-sets.
The teams of Foroughian-Zac Baldwin (No. 1), Pritchett-Tyler Creamer (No. 2) and Pirtle-Chaffee (No. 3) won in doubles.
The Hawks return to action on the road Saturday against Tougaloo and Millsaps.
vs. Centenary Match results
No. 1: Bobby Foroughian (HC) def. Anthony McMaster (CC) 6-2, 3-6, 10-7
No. 2: Garrett Whipple (CC) def. Zac Baldwin (HC) 6-4, 6-3
No. 3: Michael Reeks (CC) def. Tyler Creamer (HC) 7-5, 6-0
No. 4: Larry Pritchett (HC) def. Cameron Bueche (CC) 6-4, 6-1
No. 5: Trey Pirtle (HC) def. Jason Sangalli (CC) 6-4, 6-0
No. 6: Tyler Chaffee (HC) def. Robbie Ramirez (CC) 6-0, 7-0
No. 1: Foroughian-Baldwin (HC) def. Reeks-Whipple (CC) 8-6
No. 2: Creamer- Pritchett (HC) def. McMaster-Bueche (CC) 8-6
No. 3: Pirtle-Chaffee (HC) def. Ramirez-Sangalli (CC) 8-1
Source: Huntingdon College Sports Information Director
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Air show presence may help bring jobs to state
- Maggie Street Missionary Baptist Church to hold annual church revival service
- Montgomery to host 2013 Southeastern Regional Series Capital of Dreams Criterium and Bicycle Race
- Montgomery Zoo Hosts Military Appreciation Day
- Hannah Chadee Joins Jackson Hospital
- Tuskegee election lawsuit heads back to court
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox