Hawks can't find answer for Birmingham-Southern | Schools
Ryan Petty and Jeremiah Thomas combined for 38 points on Wednesday but it wasn’t enough for the Huntingdon men’s basketball team. Birmingham-Southern took a 19-point lead into the half and downed the Hawks 73-59 at Roland Arena.
The Panthers (10-3) extended their lead to as many as 24 points in the second half before Huntingdon (5-10) chipped away in the final 10 minutes to pull within 12 points with 2:38 to play. That was as close as the Hawks would get.
Petty finished with 23 points and Thomas added 15 points and nine rebounds.
Huntingdon travels to Berry on Jan. 16.
Source: Huntingdon College Sports Information Director
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Maggie Street Missionary Baptist Church to hold annual church revival service
- Montgomery to host 2013 Southeastern Regional Series Capital of Dreams Criterium and Bicycle Race
- Montgomery Zoo Hosts Military Appreciation Day
- Hannah Chadee Joins Jackson Hospital
- Internal investigation launched by MPD following allegations from prostitution suspect
- Tuskegee election lawsuit heads back to court
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox