Warhawks rise two spots in NAIA Women's basketball top 25 poll | Schools
Off to its best start since the 2006-07 season at 13-3, the Auburn Montgomery women’s basketball team moved up two spots to No. 18 in the third regular-season edition of the NAIA Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, the national office announced Tuesday afternoon.
The Warhawks earned 114 total points in the poll and trail 15-1 Central Methodist (Mo.) by 21 points for the No. 17 spot.
AUM is one of three teams ranked from the Southern States Athletic Conference, as it joins No. 5 Lee and No. 22 Faulkner in the poll. The Warhawks handed the Lady Flames (13-1) their only loss of the season on Nov. 16 and will host the Lady Eagles (14-3) this Saturday at 2 p.m. Conference member Southern Poly is among the others receiving votes.
Earning the top spot in the poll was Lubbock Christian, which earned 281 total points and 10-of-11 first-place votes. Vanguard (Calif.) earned the remaining first-place vote and checked in at No. 2 with 272 points. Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.) slipped to third in the standings, while Westminster (Utah) moved up a spot to No. 4.
Central Methodist made the largest jump in the poll, moving from No. 25 to No. 17. Westmont (Calif.) and LSU-Shreveport each fell eight spots.
The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences and unaffiliated group. The fourth regular-season Division I Women's Basketball Coaches' Top 25 Poll will be announced on Jan. 15.
Source: AUM Sports Information Director
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Air show presence may help bring jobs to state
- Maggie Street Missionary Baptist Church to hold annual church revival service
- Montgomery to host 2013 Southeastern Regional Series Capital of Dreams Criterium and Bicycle Race
- Montgomery Zoo Hosts Military Appreciation Day
- Hannah Chadee Joins Jackson Hospital
- Tuskegee election lawsuit dismissed
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox