AUM Women's Basketball remains 20th in NAIA Top 25 poll | Schools
The NAIA released its second Division I Women's Basketball Coaches' Top 25 Poll today, and Auburn Montgomery stayed in the 20th spot after a 1-1 week.
The Warhawks defeated Birmingham-Southern on Tuesday before losing their first game of the season to Freed-Hardeman, which is ranked second in this week's poll. AUM is 10-1 so far in 2012-13, with a perfect 4-0 record in the Southern States Athletic Conference.
Lubbock Christian remained first in the rankings after a 96-66 victory in its only game against Wayland Baptist. The Lady Chaparrals are 11-0.
After Freed-Hardeman, Vanguard, Westmont and Westminster round out the top five.
AUM, which is ranked in the top 20 of the NAIA in scoring defense (11th) and 3-point defense (15th), received 101 points in the poll. The Warhawks are one of the SSAC teams represented, joining Lee (8-1, No. 6) and Faulkner (9-2, No. 24).
LaKenya Drayton leads the team with 14.8 points and 8.4 rebounds per game. Keisha Moore averages 10.2 points per game while leading the team in steals (20), and Katie Williams averages 7.8 points with a team-high 23 three-pointers.
The Warhawks return to action this Saturday against Division II West Georgia. The game will begin at 1 p.m., and it will be the last for AUM before Christmas.
Source: AUM Sports Information Director
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Air show presence may help bring jobs to state
- Maggie Street Missionary Baptist Church to hold annual church revival service
- Montgomery to host 2013 Southeastern Regional Series Capital of Dreams Criterium and Bicycle Race
- Montgomery Zoo Hosts Military Appreciation Day
- Hannah Chadee Joins Jackson Hospital
- Tuskegee election lawsuit heads back to court
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox