Huntingdon's Pickens named GSAC Basketball Player of the Week | People
Huntingdon sophomore Patricia Pickens was named the Great South Athletic Conference Player of the Week on Wednesday.
Pickens, a 5-foot-7 forward, totaled 16 points, 12 rebounds, three steals and two assists in a 69-45 win over conference rival Agnes Scott this past weekend. She was 7-of-11 from the field and 2-for-3 from the free-throw line.
The double-double was the third of the season for the Anniston, Ala., native, who is averaging 11.7 points and 6.8 rebounds per game for the Lady Hawks (11-8, 4-1 GSAC).
Huntingdon hosts Salem (11-9, 4-2 GSAC) on Saturday at 1 p.m.
Source: Huntingdon College Sports Information Director
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- More than 250 rural road and bridge projects scheduled under new Bentley program
- The 2013 Chunnenuggee Fair is tomorrow!
- Bullock County's unemployment rate for March
- Upcoming meetings of the Montgomery County Board of Education
- Warhawks add four local standouts for 2013 season
- Montgomery woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for identity fraud tax refund scam
- Senate passes CAP Congressional Gold Medal bill
- MPS calls special meeting to accept the resignation of an employee TODAY
- Residents react to shots fired following graduation ceremony
- Shots fired after Macon Co. school graduation; all classes canceled Thursday
- U.S. Sec. of Ag. speaks to Tuskegee U. grads, opens new building
- Macon County's unemployment rate for March
- Tuskegee City Council approves Public Works Employee pay raise