Hall earns NAIA Second-Team All-American honors | People
Auburn University at Montgomery senior pitcher Cody Hall has been selected a Second-Team All-American, the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) office announced Tuesday.
Hall, an Opp, Ala., native, finished second in the NAIA in earned run average and strikeouts, while also finishing in the top-10 nationally in opponent batting average, innings pitched and fewest earned runs allowed.
The anchor of the Warhawks’ rotation, Hall posted a 9-3 record with a 1.34 ERA in his final season at AUM. He struck out 126 hitters in 107 2/3 innings, while allowing opponents to hit just .181. Hall also tossed five complete games, providing the Warhawks with nine quality starts in his 15 games started. He finished with 10 or more strikeouts in three games, including a season-high 11 against Brewton-Parker on April 6, while tallying five or more strikeouts in 14 of his 18 appearances. On the season, he allowed just 16 earned runs.
Hall was even more dominant in Southern States Athletic Conference play, where he recorded a 7-1 record in 10 appearances. He finished with a 1.22 earned run average in 73 2/3 innings, while striking out 80 hitters. He also tossed four complete games and allowed opponents to hit only .188.
In his two seasons at AUM, Hall sported a 17-6 record and a 2.05 ERA in 197 2/3 innings. He struck out 212 hitters, tossed 11 complete games and five shutouts.
Hall helped the Warhawks to a 38-24 record, including a 21-9 mark in SSAC play.
Source: AUM Sports Information Director
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Air show presence may help bring jobs to state
- Maggie Street Missionary Baptist Church to hold annual church revival service
- Montgomery to host 2013 Southeastern Regional Series Capital of Dreams Criterium and Bicycle Race
- Montgomery Zoo Hosts Military Appreciation Day
- Hannah Chadee Joins Jackson Hospital
- Tuskegee election lawsuit dismissed
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox