MPD places two schools on lock down after girl approached by man near school | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Montgomery Police placed Goodwyn Junior High School and Dalraida Elementary School on a temporary lock down Friday due to an incident that happened near Goodwyn.
Authorities say a juvenile female in the area of Goodwyn Junior High School was approached by an adult male. The man then fled the area, running in the direction of Dalraida Elementary so both schools were placed on lock down.
At this time the suspect is in custody and charges are pending further investigation.
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Tuskegee election lawsuit dismissed
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox