AUM moves to sixth in NAIA Coaches Top 25 Poll | News
The NAIA released its sixth Division I Women's Basketball Coaches' Top 25 Poll today, and Auburn Montgomery moved up one spot to 24th after sweeping a pair of Southern States Athletic Conference opponents last week.
The two victories improved AUM’s record to 16-5, the team’s most victories in a season since the 2008-09 squad won 20 games. The Warhawks also remained in a tie for first place in the SSAC West with Faulkner, with both schools sporting a 9-2 record.
Tina Odume led the Warhawk attack last week, averaging 12.5 points and 10.0 rebounds in the two games. She set career-highs in points (17) and rebounds (15) in Thursday’s win at Mobile.
Katie Williams and Psachal Maize also continued their offensive hot streaks, averaging 14.0 and 12.0 points, respectively. Maize shot a perfect 10-for-10 from the free throw line.
AUM received 75 points in the poll, eight behind 23rd ranked William Woods. The Warhawks have been ranked in every poll since the start of the regular season.
Lubbock Christian (20-1) held on to the top spot after a dominating 100-78 victory over previously No. 15 Rogers State. Freed-Hardeman remained in second, No. 3 Oklahoma City swapped places with Vanguard, and Westminster rounds out the top five. Lubbock Christian and Oklahoma City face each other on Saturday.
Lee (No. 7) and Faulkner (No. 19) join AUM from the SSAC in this week’s poll. Southern Poly, which upset Lee on Saturday, is among the schools receiving votes.
The Warhawks return to action at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday at Loyola. They then host Morris College at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday in a game originally scheduled for November 13.
Source: AUM Sports Information Director
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Air show presence may help bring jobs to state
- Maggie Street Missionary Baptist Church to hold annual church revival service
- Montgomery to host 2013 Southeastern Regional Series Capital of Dreams Criterium and Bicycle Race
- Montgomery Zoo Hosts Military Appreciation Day
- Hannah Chadee Joins Jackson Hospital
- Tuskegee election lawsuit dismissed
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox