MPD makes arrest in city's 7th homicide of 2013 | News
MONTGOMERY CO., AL (WSFA)- The Montgomery Police Department has made an arrest in the city's 7th homicide of the year.
Just after midnight Sunday, officials were called to the 3800 block of MacLamar Road in response to a report of shots fired. When they arrived, police found 32 year old Erskine Chambliss, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. He was sent to Baptist Medical Center South where he was later pronounced dead.
Montgomery police have arrested 18-year-old Michael Alexander and charged him with one count of murder. Alexander turned himself in to detectives Sunday afternoon. He was then transported to the Montgomery County Detention Facility and placed on a $75,000 bond.
Officials have determined Chambliss was shot by a Alexander following an altercation between the two.
Copyright 2013 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Four men arrested in connection with three Montgomery home robberies
- 'Wings of Opportunity' author to speak at Capital City Club luncheon
- ASU Alumnus Receives Fulbright Scholarship to Study, Do Research Abroad
- Air show presence may help bring jobs to state
- Maggie Street Missionary Baptist Church to hold annual church revival service
- Tuskegee election lawsuit dismissed
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox