MPD makes arrest in city's 7th homicide of 2013 | News
MONTGOMERY CO., AL (WSFA)- The Montgomery Police Department has made an arrest in the city's 7th homicide of the year.
Just after midnight Sunday, officials were called to the 3800 block of MacLamar Road in response to a report of shots fired. When they arrived, police found 32 year old Erskine Chambliss, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. He was sent to Baptist Medical Center South where he was later pronounced dead.
Montgomery police have arrested 18-year-old Michael Alexander and charged him with one count of murder. Alexander turned himself in to detectives Sunday afternoon. He was then transported to the Montgomery County Detention Facility and placed on a $75,000 bond.
Officials have determined Chambliss was shot by a Alexander following an altercation between the two.
Copyright 2013 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for identity fraud tax refund scam
- Senate passes CAP Congressional Gold Medal bill
- MPS calls special meeting to accept the resignation of an employee TODAY
- SUV overturns on Union Street
- Legislature passes bill providing additional protection to the elderly