Johnnie Carr M.S. Teacher a Class Act | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA)- When David Brown got into teaching, it probably wasn't a hug surprise to his family. "My father was a teacher, my grandfather was a teacher, it's in the blood," Brown said. A student nominated Mr. Brown for the saying that math is challenging, but he makes it fun and rewarding at the same time.
So what does Mr. Brown enjoy the most? "Putting a problem on the board and getting them to answer it and knowing you taught them how to do it." He's now in his 6th year in the classroom and he says middle school seems like a good fit. "They are impressionable and most of them still care about learning. They absorb things like a sponge."
Congratulations Mr. David Brown. You're this week's Class Act.
Copyright 2013 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Air show presence may help bring jobs to state
- Maggie Street Missionary Baptist Church to hold annual church revival service
- Montgomery to host 2013 Southeastern Regional Series Capital of Dreams Criterium and Bicycle Race
- Montgomery Zoo Hosts Military Appreciation Day
- Hannah Chadee Joins Jackson Hospital
- Tuskegee election lawsuit heads back to court
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox