Auburn University to remember slain student | News
AUBURN, AL (WSFA) - Officials with Auburn University say the University will honor the memory of slain student Jay McCollum.
McCollum was the victim of a homicide on New Year's Eve morning at his home in Pike Road, AL.
Officials say the University will fly a Memorial Flag for McCollum at the Samford Hall flag pole on Monday, January 14. The flag will then be displayed in the Student Center for two weeks before it is presented to McCollum's family along with an Auburn University Certificate of Attendance.
Friends of Jay McCollum needing grief counseling will be referred to Student Counseling Services to address their emotional and psychological needs.
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- More than 250 rural road and bridge projects scheduled under new Bentley program
- The 2013 Chunnenuggee Fair is tomorrow!
- 2013 Cloverdale-Idlewild Spring Concert Series concludes on Sunday!
- Sunken riverboat again planned as training site for city authorities
- Families seek justice months after brutal triple murder
- Man pleads guilty to cashing fraudulently obtained tax refund checks
- Montgomery Public Schools will be closed Monday in observance of Memorial Day
- Residents react to shots fired following graduation ceremony
- Shots fired after Macon Co. school graduation; all classes canceled Thursday
- U.S. Sec. of Ag. speaks to Tuskegee U. grads, opens new building
- Macon County's unemployment rate for March
- Tuskegee City Council approves Public Works Employee pay raise