Authorities now say investigation in Pike Road is a homicide | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office started out Monday morning working a death investigation in the Bridlebrook Subdivision of Pike Road.
Very few details are available for release at this time.
Deputies were called to the scene in the 1000 block of Stableway Rd. Monday morning on the call of a subject shot. When they arrived they located a deceased white male in his 20's in one of the homes.
The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office has since upgraded the investigation to a homicide.
Authorities told our reporter on the scene that a suspect vehicle has been located however the person inside the vehicle "took off."
Alabama State Troopers confirm their helicopter is assisting the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office in the search for a white male suspect in the area of Pike Road and Vaughn Road however it is unclear if this search is related to the Stableway homicide.
The Town of Pike Road issued this statement on today's homicide:
"The Town of Pike Road wishes to express our deepest sympathy to the family of the victim in the unfortunate incident in the Bridlebrook neighborhood this morning. We appreciate the work of the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, the Alabama State Troopers, the Alabama Bureau of Investigation and other emergency responders. We assure citizens that this event is being treated with the utmost care and that all resources are in play to bring it to a speedy conclusion."
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Air show presence may help bring jobs to state
- Maggie Street Missionary Baptist Church to hold annual church revival service
- Montgomery to host 2013 Southeastern Regional Series Capital of Dreams Criterium and Bicycle Race
- Montgomery Zoo Hosts Military Appreciation Day
- Hannah Chadee Joins Jackson Hospital
- Tuskegee election lawsuit dismissed
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox