$175,000 check presented to Kiwanis Club following fair | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA- The Kiwanis Club of Montgomery and the Alabama National Fair gave back to the community in a huge way Tuesday. Fair officials presented the Kiwanis Club with a check for $175,000.
The money is proceeds from this year's Alabama National Fair. Every penny will go directly to area agencies to help those living in the River Region.
A committee will meet and then, in March, the Kiwanis Club will parcel out the money to various well deserving organizations.
WSFA 12 News was also recognized during the event for involvement in the annual Salute to Veterans program. Vice President and General Manager Collin R. Gaston was on hand to accept the plaque.
The $175,000 check was the best donation from the Alabama National Fair in the last six years.
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Air show presence may help bring jobs to state
- Maggie Street Missionary Baptist Church to hold annual church revival service
- Montgomery to host 2013 Southeastern Regional Series Capital of Dreams Criterium and Bicycle Race
- Montgomery Zoo Hosts Military Appreciation Day
- Hannah Chadee Joins Jackson Hospital
- Tuskegee election lawsuit dismissed
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox