Warhawks receive NSCAA Team Achievement Award | News
The National Soccer Coaches Association of America recently released its recipients of the 2011-12 Team Academic Awards, and Auburn Montgomery received the honor for a third consecutive year.
The Warhawks had a team grade-point average of 3.26 for the previous academic year. The team had the highest GPA among AUM programs for the second consecutive year.
AUM was one of 222 men’s programs recognized across all college divisions. Teams must have a cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 or higher to receive the award.
504 women’s programs were also honored by the NSCAA. A total of 152 schools had both their men’s and women’s programs recognized.
On the pitch, the Warhawks finished 2012 as the fifth-ranked team in the NAIA. AUM went 18-4-2, winning the Southern States Athletic Conference championship for the first time in six years and reaching the quarterfinals of the National Tournament.
Source: AUM Sports Information Director
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- More than 250 rural road and bridge projects scheduled under new Bentley program
- The 2013 Chunnenuggee Fair is tomorrow!
- Bullock County's unemployment rate for March
- Upcoming meetings of the Montgomery County Board of Education
- Warhawks add four local standouts for 2013 season
- Montgomery woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for identity fraud tax refund scam
- Senate passes CAP Congressional Gold Medal bill
- MPS calls special meeting to accept the resignation of an employee TODAY
- Residents react to shots fired following graduation ceremony
- Shots fired after Macon Co. school graduation; all classes canceled Thursday
- U.S. Sec. of Ag. speaks to Tuskegee U. grads, opens new building
- Macon County's unemployment rate for March
- Tuskegee City Council approves Public Works Employee pay raise