ASU interim president demands access to information | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA)- ASU Interim President Dr. William Harris held a meeting with the university's senior staff Wednesday morning.
He asked staff members to provide any information auditors may request when they review the university's contracts.
Members of the senior staff include Vice President John Knight, Vice President of Business and Finance Dr. Freddie Gallot and Vice President of University Relations Danielle Kennedy, among others.
Dr. Harris presented every staff member with a letter saying "I direct each of you to make whatever time is necessary to provide any and all information needed by auditors so that this review can be done thoroughly and efficiently."
He also told them if the auditors do not get what they need it will be brought to Dr. Harris' attention.
There have been student concerns about Dr. William Harris being named interim.
Some fear he knew about a possible cover-up during his previous term. He declined to address their concerns.
"I have nothing to say other than the audit today. It's a time of great interest and we're gonna have to do a lot of work to make sure that we get the university where it belongs," says Harris.
When asked if Dr. Harris has spoken to Dr. Joseph Silver, who was placed on administrative leave by the ASU Board of Trustee's executive committee, the answer was no.
The ASU Student Government Association held a press conference Friday, November 30th demanding answers by Dec. 5th as to why Dr. Silver was placed on administrative leave.
That question has yet to be answered.
To see the letter Dr. William Harris presented to members of the ASU senior staff click here.
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Air show presence may help bring jobs to state
- Maggie Street Missionary Baptist Church to hold annual church revival service
- Montgomery to host 2013 Southeastern Regional Series Capital of Dreams Criterium and Bicycle Race
- Montgomery Zoo Hosts Military Appreciation Day
- Hannah Chadee Joins Jackson Hospital
- Tuskegee election lawsuit dismissed
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox