Motorcyclist dies following Montgomery crash | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA)- Authorities say a motorcycle crash in Montgomery Wednesday afternoon has turned fatal.
The biker, Rodney Smith, sustained fatal injuries after crashing his 2002 Yamaha motorcycle.
Investigators say Smith was traveling eastbound on Thomason Ave. when it appears he lost control, struck a telephone pole and was vaulted from the bike.
Smith, who was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash, was taken by ambulance to Baptist South Hospital.
No other injuries were reported.
Authorities say the cause of the crash remains under investigation.
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- More than 250 rural road and bridge projects scheduled under new Bentley program
- The 2013 Chunnenuggee Fair is tomorrow!
- Bullock County's unemployment rate for March
- Upcoming meetings of the Montgomery County Board of Education
- Warhawks add four local standouts for 2013 season
- Montgomery woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for identity fraud tax refund scam
- Senate passes CAP Congressional Gold Medal bill
- MPS calls special meeting to accept the resignation of an employee TODAY
- Residents react to shots fired following graduation ceremony
- Shots fired after Macon Co. school graduation; all classes canceled Thursday
- U.S. Sec. of Ag. speaks to Tuskegee U. grads, opens new building
- Macon County's unemployment rate for March
- Tuskegee City Council approves Public Works Employee pay raise