Man charged with manslaughter after fatal Prattville crash | News
PRATTVILLE, AL (WSFA)- The Prattville Police Department has arrested and charged a Montgomery man with manslaughter following the October 8, 2012 fatal crash that killed Millbrook resident Hollie Elizabeth Chavers.
Benjamin Lee Gibson, 23, was taken into custody Tuesday afternoon and charged with Chavers' death.
Authorities responded to the one-vehicle crash at the intersection of Main Street and Davis Street at 2:47am on October 8th. Gibson, who was driving a Nissan Sentra at a high rate of speed, went into the median and knocked down two power poles.
Chavers was thrown from the vehicle during the crash and was pronounced dead a short time later at a local hospital.
Gibson is currently being held at the Autauga County Metro Jail under a $30,000 cash bond.
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Four men arrested in connection with thee Montgomery home robberies
- Air show presence may help bring jobs to state
- Maggie Street Missionary Baptist Church to hold annual church revival service
- Montgomery to host 2013 Southeastern Regional Series Capital of Dreams Criterium and Bicycle Race
- Montgomery Zoo Hosts Military Appreciation Day
- Tuskegee election lawsuit dismissed
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox