Montgomery Weather Sirens to undergo update | News
Montgomery’s outdoor weather sirens will undergo a mandatory system update Wednesday, Sept. 12, through Friday, Sept. 14. During this period, all 80 of the city’s and county’s sirens will be inoperable. This update is required by the Federal Communications Commission.
Although there are no forecasts for inclement weather during this period, the Montgomery City/County Emergency Management Agency has devised a contingency plan for public notification should severe or threatening weather develop unexpectedly. The EMA contingency plan includes activation of reverse 911 messaging, Wide Area Rapid Notification messaging to schools and hospitals, and law enforcement public address announcements throughout the city and county.
Information Source: City of Montgomery
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Legislature passes bill providing additional protection to the elderly
- Montgomery County Sheriff's Office to hold Firearms Familiarization Course
- The Gathering of Eagles Welcome the Class of 2013 at Riverwalk Stadium
- Chick-fil-A Founder Selects Montgomery Team Member to Receive Chain’s Top Scholarship May 22
- Garrett Elementary holds end of year Teacher Appreciation and Field Day