Victim in overnight Montgomery shooting dies | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA)- The victim in an overnight Montgomery shooting has died of his injuries, making him the city's 18th homicide of 2012. Montgomery Police and Fire Medics responded to a residence in the 600 block of Upchurch Circle at 7:30pm Wednesday on a report of a shooting.
On the scene, authorities found a 41-year-old male, Walter Lee Frazier, who had sustained multiple gunshot wounds. Frazier was transported to Baptist Medical Center South in life-threatening condition. He was pronounced dead shortly after midnight Thursday.
MPD's investigation indicates the victim was shot when a verbal disagreement with an acquaintance escalated into violence.
No arrest has been made at this point in the investigation, though MPD investigators have identified a suspect.
No additional information is available regarding the case. The investigation is ongoing.
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top East Montgomery Stories
Upcoming Events near East Montgomery
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery to Host Alabama League of Municipalities Convention May 18 – 21
- McCarter Ave. death investigation upgraded to city's 23rd homicide of 2013
- ASU Senior Makes History - First Student to Complete Correctional Dept. Program
- Murphy USA to hold Domestic Violence Awareness event
- Montgomery Court Referral Program to hold job fair