Voter registration deadline draws near for special municipal run-off election | News
MONTGOMERY - The Montgomery Election Center reminds citizens they must be qualified and registered to vote by September 7, 2012 in order to vote on Tuesday, September 18, 2012 in the Special Statewide Constitutional Amendment Election.
A person must meet the following criteria to register to vote in Alabama: 18 years of age or older, resident of Alabama, citizen of the United States, not convicted of a felony offense, and not declared mentally incompetent by a court.
Citizens can register to vote in Montgomery County at any probate tag office location, city/county library branch, county health department office, or board of registrars office.
Voter registration applications can be downloaded from www.montgomeryelectioncenter.org and mailed to the Montgomery County Board of Registrars, PO Box 1667, Montgomery, AL 36102-1667.
For more information on voter registration, visit www.montgomeryelectioncenter.org or call the Montgomery County Board of Registrars Office at (334) 832-1215.
Information Source: Montgomery Election Center
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Scam targets Alabama Power, Dixie Electric customers
- Montgomery one step closer to recycling program
- Man wanted for questioning related to Montgomery's fourth homicide of 2013
- Four men arrested in connection with three Montgomery home robberies
- 'Wings of Opportunity' author to speak at Capital City Club luncheon
- Tuskegee election lawsuit dismissed
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox