Man who jumped off of interstate overpass listed in stable condition | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Montgomery Police say the man they believe jumped from an interstate overpass onto the roadway below is in stable condition and recovering at a local hospital.
Authorities were called to I-85 southbound Monday night around 6 p.m. on reports that a man had jumped off of the East Boulevard bridge onto the pavement below. Crews diverted interstate traffic on to the boulevard for a short time while authorities worked to give the man medical care and clear the scene. He was transported to a local hospital with life threatening injuries.
Police now say that man's condition has been upgraded to stable.
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Air show presence may help bring jobs to state
- Maggie Street Missionary Baptist Church to hold annual church revival service
- Montgomery to host 2013 Southeastern Regional Series Capital of Dreams Criterium and Bicycle Race
- Montgomery Zoo Hosts Military Appreciation Day
- Hannah Chadee Joins Jackson Hospital
- Tuskegee election lawsuit dismissed
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox