Taylor Road reopens following gas leak | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA)- A busy stretch of Montgomery roadway is once again reopened to traffic following the closure of a natural gas pipe that was found to be leaking.
The Montgomery Fire Department shut down all traffic in both directions between Eastchase Parkway and Berry Hill Road around 10:45am Tuesday as gas company crews worked to fix the problem.
Six homes nearby were also evacuated. Those citizens were eventually allowed to return to their property.
Traffic was diverted for a short time into Eastchase, but officials said the road was reopened just before 11:30am.
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- More than 250 rural road and bridge projects scheduled under new Bentley program
- The 2013 Chunnenuggee Fair is tomorrow!
- 2013 Cloverdale-Idlewild Spring Concert Series concludes on Sunday!
- Sunken riverboat again planned as training site for city authorities
- Families seek justice months after brutal triple murder
- Man pleads guilty to cashing fraudulently obtained tax refund checks
- Montgomery Public Schools will be closed Monday in observance of Memorial Day
- Residents react to shots fired following graduation ceremony
- Shots fired after Macon Co. school graduation; all classes canceled Thursday
- U.S. Sec. of Ag. speaks to Tuskegee U. grads, opens new building
- Macon County's unemployment rate for March
- Tuskegee City Council approves Public Works Employee pay raise