Town of Pike Road to host school board information session tonight | News
During the month of June, the Town of Pike Road will host information and input sessions covering the topic of the appointment of the municipal school board. The first session took place on June 7.
The next session will be held on tonight, June 18, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at Peace Baptist Church on Barnes Road.
The third session is set for Monday, June 25, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at Pike Road Volunteer Fire Department Station 1 on Wallahatchie Road.
The events will feature a brief presentation by leaders of the school effort, detailing the qualification and application procedure, as well as the expectations of school board members. Attendees will then have a chance to ask questions and record their hopes for the characteristics of individual board members.
Pike Road Mayor Gordon Stone described this as the next step in forming the Pike Road public school system, established by a resolution of the town council in December 2010.
“We are excited to be moving forward with the process of building our school system,” said Stone. “Determining the team that will lead the system is a critical step and one that will affect the school for many years to come. That is why we want to communicate to our residents—our potential school board members—about the process and receive their input at this stage.”
For more information, contact Gordon Stone or Mary Catherine Barganier at 272-9883.
Source: Town of Pike Road
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Four men arrested in connection with three Montgomery home robberies
- Air show presence may help bring jobs to state
- Maggie Street Missionary Baptist Church to hold annual church revival service
- Montgomery to host 2013 Southeastern Regional Series Capital of Dreams Criterium and Bicycle Race
- Montgomery Zoo Hosts Military Appreciation Day
- Tuskegee election lawsuit dismissed
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox