3 killed in weekend I-85 crash identified | News
Investigators are releasing the names of three people who were killed in a collision on Interstate 85 early Sunday morning. A fourth person is in critical but stable condition.
James Harris and his wife Mary, both 54 and of Camp Hill in Tallapoosa County, were killed when the Eagle Summit he was driving collided with an Acura TL driven by Dejon Jackson.
Jackson, 23 and of Greensboro in Hale County, also died from injuries suffered in the crash.
A fourth person, not named but said to have been a backseat passenger in the Harris' vehicle, was rushed to UAB Medical Center where he's listed in critical condition.
The crash happened around 4:45am Sunday at the Mulberry Street exit in Montgomery. This will be the 15th, 16th and 17th traffic fatalities for 2011 in Montgomery.
The investigation is ongoing and no further information is available.
Copyright 2011 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top East Montgomery Stories
Upcoming Events near East Montgomery
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery to Host Alabama League of Municipalities Convention May 18 – 21
- McCarter Ave. death investigation upgraded to city's 23rd homicide of 2013
- ASU Senior Makes History - First Student to Complete Correctional Dept. Program
- Murphy USA to hold Domestic Violence Awareness event
- Montgomery Court Referral Program to hold job fair