Mimi's Cafe supports hunger relief with the 'Soup To-Go' program | Events
Nearly 50 million people are at risk of going hungry each day in America, and Mimi’s Cafe is committed to helping during Hunger Action Month, and beyond, through its year-round hunger initiatives. In September, Mimi’s® invites you to warm your soul and the hearts of those in need by purchasing delicious “Soup To-Go.” Guests can enjoy one of Mimi’s famous soups for $5 or $6 by the quart container and know that a portion of the proceeds supports local hunger relief efforts.
Mimi’s 145 restaurants support over 100 local nonprofit organizations in their communities. The “Soup To-Go” program has raised more than $66,000 since its launch five months ago. Mimi’s also donates prepared food to these same agencies through Food Donation Connection’s Harvest program. The program has made it possible to provide the equivalent of 185,177 meals.
“At Mimi’s, we go beyond just making and serving food; we are in the business of caring…and we care not only about our guests but about our local communities,” explains Mark Mears, Mimi’s President and Chief Concept Officer. “That’s why we are committed to helping the one in six Americans at risk of going hungry every day. We are helping put food on tables in our neighborhood during Hunger Action Month and all year long.”
Mimi’s Quarter for a Quart program features delicious soups including Roasted Tomato Basil, Cafe Corn Chowder and French Onion that are perfect for the fall season. Visit a local Mimi’s to enjoy delicious soup and help support those in need.
To learn more about Mimi’s Cafe and the “Soup To-Go” hunger relief program, please visit Mimiscafe.com, facebook.com/mimiscafe or twitter.com/mimis_cafe. Mimi’s is dedicated to giving back to its community and helping provide hope for the hungry.
ABOUT MIMI’S CAFE
Mimi’s Cafe, a French-inspired casual dining restaurant has 145 locations in 24 states. Mimi’s Cafe is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bob Evans Farms, Inc., a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: BOBE), known and loved for its delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner menus, friendly service and charming, stylish décor.
ABOUT FOOD DONATION CONNECTION
Food Donation Connection (“FDC”) is the industry leader in coordinating surplus prepared food donation programs. FDC currently manages programs for nearly 15,000 Restaurants and other Food Service partners getting much needed food to 7,600 food relief agencies throughout the US and Canada. Since 1992, FDC has coordinated the donation of over 230 million pounds of surplus prepared food to those in need. Food Donation Connection is based out of Knoxville, TN.
Source: Mimi's Cafe
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- More than 250 rural road and bridge projects scheduled under new Bentley program
- The 2013 Chunnenuggee Fair is tomorrow!
- 2013 Cloverdale-Idlewild Spring Concert Series concludes on Sunday!
- Sunken riverboat again planned as training site for city authorities
- Families seek justice months after brutal triple murder
- Man pleads guilty to cashing fraudulently obtained tax refund checks
- Montgomery Public Schools will be closed Monday in observance of Memorial Day
- Residents react to shots fired following graduation ceremony
- Shots fired after Macon Co. school graduation; all classes canceled Thursday
- U.S. Sec. of Ag. speaks to Tuskegee U. grads, opens new building
- Macon County's unemployment rate for March
- Tuskegee City Council approves Public Works Employee pay raise