AUM to host School’s Out for Summer Bash on June 8, kicking off third annual Summer Concert Series | Events
MONTGOMERY, Ala. – After 180 days of homework, exams, projects and presentations, the final bell of the school year will ring on June 8. Bring the kids to celebrate at the School’s Out for Summer Bash, hosted by Auburn University at Montgomery. Join us from 6-8 p.m. on the quad to enjoy food, games, and a repeat performance by the family friendly band D'Zyre. Admission is free, but guests are encouraged to bring a non-perishable food item for the Montgomery Food Bank.
The event is the first installment of the third annual AUM Summer Concert Series. Back by popular demand, Tuskegee soul/funk band D’Zyre will headline with tunes like “My Girl,” “Brick House,” “No Parking on the Dance Floor” and “Stand by Me.”
Outdoor games and activities will be offered, including sidewalk chalk, bubbles, coloring pages, Frisbees, and hula-hoops. AUM mascot Curtiss the Warhawk will also pop in for a visit.
Bring your own lawn chairs and picnic blankets. Outside food is welcome, but Boomer T's Barbecue will sell hamburgers, hotdogs, barbeque sandwiches, loaded nachos, drinks and snacks (credit cards and cash accepted).
The show must go on, rain or shine. In case of inclement weather, festivities will be moved inside the AUM Physical Education Complex.
Please mark your calendars for the entire concert series: July 13, Beach Party, featuring the cool reggae jams of The Good Doctor; August 17, Get Inspired, with musical inspiration from Clint Darby and the BTW Magnet High School chorus. Learn more at www.aum.edu/summerconcert.
Information Source: AUM
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- More than 250 rural road and bridge projects scheduled under new Bentley program
- The 2013 Chunnenuggee Fair is tomorrow!
- Families seek justice months after brutal triple murder
- Man pleads guilty to cashing fraudulently obtained tax refund checks
- Montgomery Public Schools will be closed Monday in observance of Memorial Day
- MPD investigating robbery off of Country Brook Drive
- Upcoming meetings of the Montgomery County Board of Education
- Residents react to shots fired following graduation ceremony
- Shots fired after Macon Co. school graduation; all classes canceled Thursday
- U.S. Sec. of Ag. speaks to Tuskegee U. grads, opens new building
- Macon County's unemployment rate for March
- Tuskegee City Council approves Public Works Employee pay raise