Man sentenced to prison for Garden District murder | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The personal trainer convicted of slitting his lady-friend's throat in Montgomery's Garden District back in February 2011 has been sentenced to prison.
Today Gordon Fowler was sentenced to spend 75 years behind bars for the murder of Lori Skinner Thomas.
Police say the murder happened after a verbal altercation at Thomas' Cloverdale Road home turned physical and Fowler stabbed Thomas. Police believe Fowler and Thomas had a romantic relationship, but not a dating relationship.
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Air show presence may help bring jobs to state
- Maggie Street Missionary Baptist Church to hold annual church revival service
- Montgomery to host 2013 Southeastern Regional Series Capital of Dreams Criterium and Bicycle Race
- Montgomery Zoo Hosts Military Appreciation Day
- Hannah Chadee Joins Jackson Hospital
- Tuskegee election lawsuit dismissed
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox