MPD arrests court employee on forgery charge | Crime
The Montgomery Police Department has charged a Municipal Court employee with forgery in connection with an ongoing investigation alleging the employee diverted money submitted to the court by a local resident seeking to pay a traffic fine.
MPD detectives charged Christian Morgan, 26, with one count of second-degree forgery, a Class C felony. Morgan was placed in the Montgomery County Detention Facility, where bond was set at $15,000.
Morgan was charged under §13A-9-3(a)(3), Code of Alabama, which addresses the false creation, completion or alteration of “A written instrument officially issued or created by a public office, public employees or government agency.”
MPD’s investigation indicates Morgan, as an employee of the Municipal Court, received the resident’s payment, provided a false receipt, and failed to credit payment to the court. Police Chief Kevin Murphy said the charge reflects a single instance and that MPD’s investigation is working to determine if the event is isolated. No additional information is available for public release in this ongoing investigation.
Source: Montgomery Police Department
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Air show presence may help bring jobs to state
- Maggie Street Missionary Baptist Church to hold annual church revival service
- Montgomery to host 2013 Southeastern Regional Series Capital of Dreams Criterium and Bicycle Race
- Montgomery Zoo Hosts Military Appreciation Day
- Hannah Chadee Joins Jackson Hospital
- Tuskegee election lawsuit heads back to court
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox