Gunfire exchange leaves two wounded in central Montgomery | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Just before noon today, Montgomery Police were called to the scene of a shooting at the Virginia Pines Apartments on Virginia Loop Road.
Two males were involved in a gunshot exchange at the apartments. One male was taken to a local hospital for treatment, the other tried to drive himself to the hospital. Neither man has life-threatening injuries.
The reason for the gunfire exchange is unknown at this time. WSFA 12 News will update this story as more details become availalbe.
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- More than 250 rural road and bridge projects scheduled under new Bentley program
- The 2013 Chunnenuggee Fair is tomorrow!
- Sunken riverboat again planned as training site for city authorities
- Families seek justice months after brutal triple murder
- Man pleads guilty to cashing fraudulently obtained tax refund checks
- Montgomery Public Schools will be closed Monday in observance of Memorial Day
- MPD investigating robbery off of Country Brook Drive
- Residents react to shots fired following graduation ceremony
- Shots fired after Macon Co. school graduation; all classes canceled Thursday
- U.S. Sec. of Ag. speaks to Tuskegee U. grads, opens new building
- Macon County's unemployment rate for March
- Tuskegee City Council approves Public Works Employee pay raise