Dothan police arrest two Montgomery men on theft charges | Crime
On September 13, 2012 the Dothan Police Department responded to a theft in progress at Belk’s Department Store (900 Commons Drive). Dispatch advised responding officers two suspects were actively cutting security tags from clothing which they were then concealing in empty Belk’s bags they had brought into the store.
After filling the bags with multiple clothing items, the suspects begin to exit the store but dropped the bags and fled through another exit when they saw police approaching them. The suspects fled on foot but were apprehended following a brief foot pursuit with Dothan Police. All merchandise was recovered and returned to the store.
Charles Hall Jr., black male, 21 years of age, of Montgomery, Alabama was arrested and charged with Second Degree Theft of Property with a $2,500 bond.
Takartae White, black male, 20 years of age, of Montgomery, Alabama was arrested and charged with Second Degree Theft of Property with a $2,500 bond.
Source: Dothan Police Department
Top East Montgomery Stories
Upcoming Events near East Montgomery
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery to Host Alabama League of Municipalities Convention May 18 – 21
- McCarter Ave. death investigation upgraded to city's 23rd homicide of 2013
- ASU Senior Makes History - First Student to Complete Correctional Dept. Program
- Murphy USA to hold Domestic Violence Awareness event
- Montgomery Court Referral Program to hold job fair