Suspect sought in East Montgomery manhunt | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Montgomery Police say they're still looking for a suspect who sparked a manhunt Monday morning East Montgomery following a residential burglary.
Details are limited, but authorities employed the use of a helicopter and K9 units.
The suspect is wanted in connection with a burglary in the Copperfield subdivision near Taylor Road.
The suspect abandoned his vehicle, a silver Mercedes sedan and fled the scene on foot, according to authorities.
Police detectives say they're following several leads in the case, but that no arrests have been made at this time.
WSFA 12 News will have more information on this developing story as it becomes available.
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Four men arrested in connection with three Montgomery home robberies
- 'Wings of Opportunity' author to speak at Capital City Club luncheon
- ASU Alumnus Receives Fulbright Scholarship to Study, Do Research Abroad
- Air show presence may help bring jobs to state
- Maggie Street Missionary Baptist Church to hold annual church revival service
- Tuskegee election lawsuit dismissed
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox