Chuck E. Cheese's coming to Eastdale Mall | Business
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - A new tenant with big ears and a tail is moving into Eastdale Mall, mall officials confirmed Monday.
"We are excited to welcome Chuck E. Cheese's to Eastdale Mall," stated Dave Schloss, Manager of Eastdale Mall. "Their dynamic new store format will be the perfect addition to round out Eastdale Mall's line-up of family entertainment and retail offerings."
Michelle Chism, Director of Corp. Communications for Chuck E. Cheese's parent company, CEC Entertainment, says possession of the mall space will happen in May and the new store should be open by late summer or early fall of 2013.
"It's always exciting to open a new store and elevate the Chuck E. Cheese's experience," Chism said. "We will continue to offer the same family entertainment value in a fresh environment with updated games and design in our new Eastdale Mall location."
Chism says the company's current facility on the Southern Boulevard will continue operating until the mall location opens. At that time, employees of the old store will transfer to the new location and the Blvd. location will be closed.
The family entertainment center will feature nearly 13,000 square feet in a brand new space with an entrance facing the outside of the mall. The store will be in the Dillards wing of the mall, across from Lenscrafters.
The new location will offer a variety of pizza, a salad bar, appetizers, desserts, wings, sandwiches a musical and digital comic entertainment show, family oriented games, rides, prizes, merchandise and birthday parties.
The announcement comes just days after a major tenant at the mall, Carmike Cinemas, announced it was closing its doors in favor of a new facility on Chantilly Parkway. Mall officials said they continue to work to close a deal with another tenant to fill that space.
Copyright 2013 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- River Region Lean Health and Wellness Fair at Eastdale Mall
- Oak Park registered for Coca-Cola Take it to the Park contest
- Verizon Wireless Honors Montgomery’s Family Guidance Center of Alabama
- Forest Avenue Academic Magnet Elementary School students win highest honors in WordMasters Challenge
- Court Street closed at South Street following rollover accident
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox
- 18-wheeler goes up in flames near Shorter