Business to hold fundraiser for injured K9 | Business
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - A business in Montgomery is holding a fundraiser to benefit injured MPD K9 Bodi.
Tractor Supply Company on Troy Highway in Montgomery is holding a fundraiser on Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. to raise enough money to purchase Bodi a kennel and other things he will need once he is allowed to return home. This includes money for a bed, an automatic water dispenser and a dog house. As part of the store's Pet Celebration, anyone who donated will be entered to win a 50 pound bag of dog food.
Bodi was shot three times in the face on Wednesday by a suspect fleeing from the scene of an armed robbery.
19-year-old Frank Raven has been charged with Robbery in the First Degree, three counts of Attempted Assault in the Second Degree and one count of Attempting to Kill a Dog Used By a Police Officer.
Bodi did lose one eye following the shooting and is regaining limited sight in his other eye. He will now be honorably retired from the Montgomery Police Department and allowed to return home with his handler.
- Doctors optimistic about Bodi's condition
- Blinded by robber, Bodi expected to survive
- ABI working officer-involved shooting on Atlanta Highway
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Air show presence may help bring jobs to state
- Maggie Street Missionary Baptist Church to hold annual church revival service
- Montgomery to host 2013 Southeastern Regional Series Capital of Dreams Criterium and Bicycle Race
- Montgomery Zoo Hosts Military Appreciation Day
- Hannah Chadee Joins Jackson Hospital
- Tuskegee election lawsuit heads back to court
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox