Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts to Hold Summer Art Camps | Arts & Culture
Montgomery, AL—Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts will offer Summer Art Camps for children ages 6 to 13 throughout the summer. The fun-filled camps are week-long and offered for full-days or half-days. Participating children will be given small group lessons in drawing, painting, ceramics, sculpture and print-making. Each camp offers different themes, art activities, and techniques, so students are encouraged to sign up for more than one week! Famous works of art in the Museum’s permanent collection will inspire projects, and students will explore many different media, such as clay modeling, mixed media sculpture, acrylic painting, watercolors, colored pencils, pastels, charcoal, pen & ink, print-making, etc. Camp fees include snacks and all materials used in the art making. The camps are designed for working parents in mind, as extended hours are offered. Camps are limited to 20 students and fill up quickly.
Monday through Friday, 8:30 A.M. to 12 P.M. and 1 to 4:30 P.M.
June 24 – 28- Line and Texture—Animals in Art
July 8 – 12- Shape and Form—People and Places
July 22 – 26- Color and Value Contrasts—Summer Landscapes
August 5 -- 9- Pattern and Rhythm—Still Life and Fabric Patterns
Cost: $100 members/$160 non-members for each half-day camp; $190 members/$250 non-members for full-day camp.
Early drop-off (7:45 A.M. at earliest) and late pick-up (5:30 P.M. at latest) are available for an additional $50. Full day students MUST bring their own lunch.
The Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; and Sunday Noon to 5 p.m. Admission is free and donations are welcome. For more information, call the MMFA at 334.240.4333 or visit the website at www.mmfa.org.
The MMFA, a department of the City of Montgomery, is supported by funds from the City of Montgomery and the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts Association. Programs are made possible, in part, by grants from the Alabama State Council on the Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts
Information Source: MMFA
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Tuskegee election lawsuit dismissed
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox