So Percussion coming to Montgomery | Arts & Culture
So Percussion is coming to Montgomery for ClefWorks’ 2013 Festival!
On February 5, 6, and 7 they will be performing for school kids throughout the city and conducting a Master Class at Alabama State University for aspiring percussionists.
On the weekend of February 8 and 9, So will perform two concerts at the newly renovated City Auditorium. The two concerts planned for each night at 7:30 pm are totally different. Called “mesmerizing” by the NY Times, a December 2012 So Percussion performance prompted the Washington Post to note that the group was “a tough act to follow.” Montgomery’s Saturday night concert will have something that the concert in our nation’s capital didn’t have – an extra percussion group performing with So.
Iron Giant Percussion from Birmingham, who won ClefWorks special Percussion Competition this year, will play along with So a piece specially created by them for Montgomery. The piece is titled “Montgomery Double Music”. You don’t want to miss a single beat of either of these two concerts.
Tickets are now on sale. But, numbers are limited due to the size of the Auditorium.
Come enjoy a fun music experience in a great new environment! (Oh, and, if you miss the Montgomery performances, you might can catch So at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in June).
Information Source: ClefWorks
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- National magazine paints negative light on Montgomery housing industry
- Internal investigation launched by MPD following allegations from prostitution suspect
- Two MPS students have been selected for a trip of a lifetime and need the community’s help!
- Brian Davis Joins Trenholm Tech Foundation Board
- Trenholm Tech Foundation Board Elects New Officers
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox
- 18-wheeler goes up in flames near Shorter