Progress 65 Weekend Lane Closures Scheduled in Montgomery | Transportation
MONTGOMERY – Work is winding down on the construction of Additional Lanes (Grade, Drainage, Pavement, Concrete Pavement Rubblization, Bridge Widening, Lighting, Signing and Signals) on Interstate 65 from the north end of the Catoma Creek Bridge to the south end of the Mill Street Bridge, and the Median Widening, Concrete Pavement Rehabilitation, and Shoulder Rehabilitation on I-65 from north of Fairview Avenue to the Alabama River Bridge in Montgomery.
Weather permitting, Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 20-21 between 6 a.m. - 9 p.m., various lanes of I-65 North and South from Fairview Avenue to the Alabama River Bridge will be closed under moving lane closures. Two lanes on I-65 and one lane on the ramps will remain open at all times. These closures are necessary to place stripes on the new asphalt pavement.
The Montgomery Police Department will assist with traffic control. Moderate delays should be expected.
The Progress 65 Web site, www.progress65.com and toll-free project update information line, 866-888-0822, along with posters, brochures and signage, is part of the Alabama Department of Transportation’s Progress on Alabama Roadways campaign to keep travelers informed of the progress being made to improve the state’s interstates. Additional ongoing projects include Progress 20 in St. Clair County and Progress 59 in Etowah County.
Construction on this segment of the Progress 65 project is scheduled to be complete within the next few weeks. ALDOT thanks motorists for their patience during this construction to improve Alabama’s roadways.
Information Source: ALDOT
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Tuskegee election lawsuit dismissed
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox