Alabama State University okays on-campus football stadium | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - It is going to happen. Alabama State University says it will build a football stadium on-campus.
During Friday's board of trustees meeting, Dr. William Harris told WSFA 12 News it is happening, and they have started the process.
"We have the land available, we have the site picked out. Football is going to be returned to the campus of Alabama State University campus and we are talking about in a matter of a few years," Harris said.
The board is currently preparing bond documents to fund the project.
The ASU football team currently plays at Cramton Bowl.
©2010 WSFA. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top East Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- National magazine paints negative light on Montgomery housing industry
- Internal investigation launched by MPD following allegations from prostitution suspect
- Two MPS students have been selected for a trip of a lifetime and need the community’s help!
- Brian Davis Joins Trenholm Tech Foundation Board
- Trenholm Tech Foundation Board Elects New Officers
- Tuskegee election lawsuit heads back to court
- Heavy delays on I-85 NB just inside Macon Co. due to overturned vehicle
- Interstate 85 reopened after fatal, 4-vehicle crash; GA man killed in collision
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Macon County schools
- Tuskegee man files patent infringement suit against Redbox